DineAmic Group, the company behind some of Chicago's top restaurants, is actively seeking an enthusiastic leader to oversee the Event Sales Management team as the Senior Event Sales Manager.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: As the Senior Event Sales Manager, you will have the dynamic position of overseeing all private event sales amongst DineAmic Group managed restaurants. Responsible for overseeing a team of Catering & Event Managers at each managed property, your focus will be generating new sales by prospecting for new clients through business development initiatives and retaining previous event clientele for repeat business opportunities. Compensation is a base salary plus quarterly bonus commissions based on group event sales goals. You will report directly to the Partners & Principals of DineAmic Group.
• Effectively sell and service event spaces across all managed properties
• Build/maintain relationships with current and past private event clients
• Develop effective contracts and Banquet Event Orders which communicate appropriately with both clients and internal F&B team
• Create and execute annual and quarterly business development plans
• Entertain perspective clients 2-3 times per week
• Monitor and communicate industry trends within market place
• Actively seek & develop convention and tourism business
• Implementation of DineAmic private dining standards at all managed properties
• Ensure proper adoption and utilization of TripleSeat event software
• Assist and support event sales team with strategic deployment and long-term selling strategies
• Conduct private dining audits of all managed properties within on an quarterly basis
• Work in conjunction with restaurant property management on departmental expenses, staffing guidelines, office organization and equipment needs
• Oversee event sales team including but not limited to daily event coordination, strategic sales coaching, offering constructive feedback and providing bi-annual touch-base reviews
• Conduct & oversee weekly meeting with event sales team
• Attend weekly restaurant meetings with management teams
• Attend monthly P&L reviews to report on performance and strategies of Private Dining
• Support communication and referral selling between restaurant sales teams
• Participate in local event networking events with sales team
• Ensure sales team responds to ALL leads by the end of business day
• Share industry trends, strategies and news with on-site restaurant teams
• Communicate event needs of specific properties to the Restaurant General Manager
• Report on weekly sales performance and quarter sales forecasts to Partnership
• Keep abreast of private dining performance relative to quarterly quotas and goals
• Work in conjunction with restaurant GMs to ensure that sales & pricing strategies are aligned for success while staying competitive in the market
• Work in conjunction with restaurant Executive Chefs to assist and support in catering menu development
• Work with Finance Department to maintain PCI compliance within the event sales team & managed restaurant properties
SCHEDULE: 5 Days a week, Monday - Friday 9 AM - 6 PM with evenings and weekends as needed based on event schedule and restaurant needs. Schedule will vary based upon event schedule.
REQUIREMENTS: Requirements: At least 5 years of experience in restaurant or hotel event sales required. Prior leadership and management of associates is preferred. Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to network and cultivate new relationships and build client portfolio is impetrative to the success of this position.
COMPENSATION: Competitive Base + Quarterly Commission Based on Sales Goals Benefits: DineAmic Group offers a competitive benefits package to all of its employees after 90 days of continuous employment, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid time off, and employee dining options.