Event Sales Manager
As an Event Sales Manager for Dine|Amic Group, you will develop strong community ties, build upon our exceptional client base, motivate those around you to focus on hospitality, and achieve annual sales and profits related to your restaurant(s).
What Your Everyday Will Consist Of....
- Achieving assigned sales goals within budget
- Provide full-service event & catering planning, including custom-tailored menu creation, linen rental/decor coordination, event space selection, staffing and execution for social and corporate events, weddings & off-site productions.
- Maintain and develop relationships with current client base through networking correspondence and events
- Generate leads & gain event revenue through advertising & venue listing opportunities
- Maximize revenue potential by strategically up-selling and offering targeted enhancement
- Oversee and direct front-of-house and back-of-house teams for all contracted private events
- Conceptualize and produce photoshoot styling and creative event design for all event marketing materials
- Work with corporate marketing team on all copy-writing and event collateral requests
- Co-manage restaurant's concierge program & communicate weekly with surrounding hotels & neighboring residential buildings
- Oversee and manage Front of House host staff and provide thorough training of how to maximize tables & revenue via OpenTable
- Actively research, develop and participate in off-site event opportunities to restaurant build brand awareness
- Act as marketing liaison between corporate and management/staff
- Maintain a strong communication with the client through all facets of their event, and follows up personally afterward to ensure expectations were exceeded
- On-site to assist operations for larger and/or high profile events and promotions
Our Ideal Candidate...
- Minimum five years of event sales experience, preferably in a management capacity
- Bachelors degree or higher preferred
- Knowledge of the Chicago area, including major business presences
- Highly proficient in OpenTable and Tripleseat software.
- Knowledge of Micros POS software preferred
- Ability to communicate efficiently with management teams, clients, and owners
- Flexible with scheduling, including evening and weekend hours
- Must be able to work extended shifts of 10 hours or more per day and 60 hours or more per week